Good in all areas - Ofsted 2019
"This is a good residential provisions. The new acting headteacher has improved the monitoring of the residential provision". Ofsted June 2019
At Hailey Hall we think our boarding provision is second to none. Our dedicated care team ensure the happiness, welfare and safety of all our boys. We have numerous activities within school in the evenings ranging from sports such as football and swimming to ten pin bowling, cinema trips, pool club, cycling club, table tennis and ICT activities to name just a few.
Our boarders enjoy a stimulating and rewarding environment that reflects the aims of the school. We are happy to receive boarders on a short term trial basis before becoming a full time boarder. We can also accommodate day boys who wish to have extended days.
Statement of Principles and Practice
At Hailey Hall, we aim to prepare our pupils to take their place in adult life, enabling them to think and act for themselves.
Click here to download the full Statement of our Principles and Practices
Ofsted Social Care Report
Click here to view the June 2017 report
Currently being updated
Feedback from OFSTED - JUNE 2019
"Older children in the residential provision mentor the younger children. This creates a family environment in which any disagreements are resolved openly and honestly."
"The staff have a positive impact on the children’s lives. The staff forge excellent relationships with parents and carers"
"The children’s views and opinions are gained through daily meetings after school. This inclusive approach means that children are involved in making choices about their care"
"Parents are positive about the residential provision. They see the value that it provides and can identify the progress that their children make. A parent said, ‘Staff are fantastic. They have really helped my child in more ways than I can explain.’ "
"The staff understand safeguarding procedures and their responsibility to safeguard children. The head of care and the deputy are both part of the designated safeguarding team at the school. "
"The management team has a thorough understanding of children’s plans and progress. Children’s case files are clear, concise and up to date. This ensures consistency of care."
Feedback from PUPILs
"I feel safe in boarding because it is always secure".
"I have nothing to do at home and I like being here, its good company for me. There are good activities".
"I am really enjoying boarding and made new friends. I enjoy the activities and being part of a little community".
"I like boarding, I feel I can do more things. I am doing more nights and am enjoying myself".
“ I know how the head of care is and the headteacher but they are like one family. I know they are in charge but they are just like the other staff and always listen to us.”
“ I love the food here, the chef is great , he knows what we like and takes the time to listen to us.”
Meet the care staff
Boarders' Illness Policy
Click here to view the Boarders' Illness Policy
ofsted quotes 2017
The residential provision is Outstanding because:
- The Residential provision is central to the whole school. The cohesive staff team provides care and education that is seamless
- The staff are genuine and passionate about the children's care. The relationships between the children and the staff are strong and supportive
- There is an abundance of sustained benefits to the children because of their residential experience, particulalry in relation to social and academic progress
- There is an outstanding partnership with parents, who highly value the school and staff
- There are no limits. staff regularly go above and beyond to safeguard the children and support them to achieve better outcomes
The overall experiences and progress of children and young people is Outstanding:
- The children say that bullying is not a problem and that they feel safe and relaxed
- The children's safety is given absolute priority. risk assessments are highly effective and responsive to incidents.
- There has been a phenomenal 91% reduction in the use of physical interventions. This means that the staff are getting to the underlying issues and causation factors and supporting the children to manage these. This has successfully resulted in no physical interventions during the last year
- The long serving, experienced Head of Care has successfully maintained an outstanding provision. He is qualified level 5 and is 100% committed to providing high quality care
- The school has a strong established parent partnership. They say that the school has been life changing. A parent said "Communication is excellent" Another parent described the school as "absolutely fantastic" This has had a positive effect on rebuilding family relationships
The quality of care and support is Outstanding:
- One parent said: ‘My son even wants to go to boarding on days when he is really poorly, he enjoys it so much and does not want to miss out, he didn’t want to go to school before he started his stays.’
- The children are central to the decision making and treated as equals
- A parent said: ‘I was really anxious about my son being away from me, he has health needs and nobody else has cared for him apart from me. I did not need to worry as the staff do it all.’
- There is a culture of honest and open dialogue between the staff and children
- The children benefit from evenings that are structured with purposeful activities
- The children genuinely like and trust the staff, who provide extremely good role models. The staff help the children to manage their feelings and self regulate the behaviours that have created previous barriers
- A parent said: ‘if I need to talk about anything I can just pick up the phone and speak to the Head of Care. We have a fantastic relationship with all of the care staff and this really helps.’
- A parent said: ‘They could of not not done anymore for (Child) and the family."
- The residential accommodation is purpose built, comfortable and extremely clean. The children feel relaxed and safe
Boarding Guide for Pupils
We have a Guide to Boarding for Pupils which is designed to answer any questions you may have regarding your boarding experience.
Boarding Guide for Parents
We also have a Guide to Boarding for Parents which is designed to answer any questions you may have regarding your child's boarding experience.