Careers provision for Key Stage 4 pupils
Key Stage 4 provision:
- Year 10 work experience week, focused on the world of work (family participation)
- PSHE lessons (Life Skills)
- Year 10 CV covering letter writing, CV writing, revision skills.
- Year 11 the changing job market, Employability skills, interviews.
- Form tutor time to raise awareness of careers, information on college open dates.
- Transition support into College life
- YC Herts Personal Advisor one to one sessions
By the end of Key Stage 4 all Pupils will have:
- Enhanced their self-knowledge, career management and employability skills
- Used online resources and other sources of advice to investigate and explore future choices and progression routes
- Experienced the world of work through a work placement and the option of extended work placement following exams
- Been given direct access to employers, colleges and training providers
- Been given guidance to help identify a range of post-16 options and careers advice and support networks that they can use to plan and negotiate their career pathways
- Been provided with the resources to complete the post-16 application procedures, including CVs, personal statements and preparation for interview
- To be able to produce at least one personal careers action plan
- Completed a CV by Year 11 and have a START online careers file (phased in 2019)
- Effectively apply for the next stage of their education/employment
- Be able to access a variety of sources of information about careers
- Completed Work Experience or other work-related activities
- Outlined their rights and responsibilities at work including Health and Safety and Equality
- Gained interview skills in Year 11
- Be able to explain the options open to them Post-16, decide upon a course of action and justify their choices rational