Latest Coronoavirus News
I am pleased to confirm that Hailey Hall re-opened to a small cohort of students on 2nd April. This is in line with The Government's strategy regarding the provision of support for the pupils of Key Workers and other more vulnerable groups. Specifically this Strategy is as follows:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be, even if the child has an education, health and care (EHC) plan.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available either from your child’s school, or alternatively via your local authority if your child’s school is closed.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
Most of our students will be remaining at home during this period, and parent/carers can access support literature as below:
Home Learning: Please see the recent letter that was sent out to you.
Mental Health: Please see the attached poster that was sent out to you.
Please also find below some web-links that may provide some answers to your children’s questions:
https://krisepsykologi.no/what-can-we-say-to-children-about-coronavirus/ (In particular, the 7 points at the end give very helpful advice)
Other communication and advice to parents and carers regarding Covid-19, that the School has and will be distributing, can be accessed via this link. Communication will also continue to be sent on an ongoing basis to parents/carers via Teacher2Parent.
An annex to our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies has also been developed. This outlines the Child Protection measures that the School is taking in response Covid-19. Please click here to view.
This is a very difficult time for us all, but please be assured that we will work with you and the Local Authority to ensure that we do everything at this time to support you and your children.