Careers' provision for Key Stage 3 pupils
Key Stage 3 provision:
Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (PSHE) (Delivered through Life Skills).
- Introduction to the Careers resources from Life Skills lessons, Careers 121 (with YC Herts).
- Year 9 Public/ Private sector, obsolete careers in the future, Employment rights, Trade Unions & Tribunals, Discrimination in the workplace
- Form tutor time to raise awareness of academic and vocational pathways
- Year 9 GCSE Options Information
- Year 9 one to one options guidance with SLT, Form tutor and or Subject lead
By the end of Key Stage 3 all Pupils will have:
- A better understanding of the full range of 14-19 opportunities for progression
- A better understanding of their strengths and areas for development and support to evaluate how these might inform future choices in learning and work
- Been given direct access to employers and colleges/universities
- An understanding of some of the qualities, attitudes and skills needed for employability
- Understand where to find useful and reliable online careers resources to research information about opportunities and apply their findings to help make informed choices for Key Stage 4 Options
- Received appropriate advice and guidance on Key Stage 4 options